Friday, May 15, 2015

Keeping Up Your Momentum

Keeping your Momentum from Motivation



How to Beat YesterYou Part I of II 

Acquiring the motivation to get up an hour early so you can do something you initially perceive to be unpleasant is your goal. You want a better look, better health and more energy. That is a noble goal worth the hour loss of sleep. This is probably one of the most common habits that people want to start. It tops my list. I mentioned in earlier posts that I have been in "the zone" before, and let it go. 
I learned a lesson with that: it’s much easier to retain it than to regain it. 

With that said, in this post we are assuming you have it. You are in the zone and you move from your center. You make decisions and don’t fumble around second-guessing yourself. When you need to work out, there is no debate in your mind about whether you should or shouldn’t. The pros and cons have already been hashed out and you’ve made this a habit.

The lawyer in head that represents instant gratification, might as well be a public defender. She doesn’t care enough to argue any longer. She has been shushed and the real you, the part that represents your place in humanity has beaten down the primal urges to do what you feel like, eat what tastes the best and follow the laws of inertia, the same way a lump of coal does. If you are experiencing these things, you can be sure you are in “The Zone”.

You do not want to take risks in losing this state of being. The quality of your life experience is largely based on your ability to control your self, if not totally based on this.



I’m sure there are plenty of people who have no problem reaching this state of being. For me it takes motivation, self-denial, mental and emotional fortitude, timing and a little bit of luck. I’m sure this is different for everyone. Twice I have felt like I was in the zone and there is nothing better. It is worth any price, and the above tag is not very expensive.


Its value comes from…well, every aspect of your life. Like we mentioned up top, you look better, have more energy, you’re healthier and decision making and self-confidence are positively affected. But, I will tell you what it felt like for me and then I will tell you how I lost these states. And, I will give you the one word that is key to staying in this state. It’s already all up in this blog post, so you may have already guessed it. It’s no secret of the ages. It’s the rule that applies to us all who want to improve each day in every way.

When I was twenty and again when I was twenty-six, I was in the zone and I knew it. My friends and I called it super-dedication mode. I thought it was just applied to my working out, but in any way imaginable my life was better. The first time I was dumb kid and only held on to this until an approaching leave from the Army was completed. I started in February working out and denying myself certain things as a fast for God. It was an important factor in attaining the desired state, but I didn’t know that at the time. I lost it as quick as I got it though. I didn’t know how much I was losing when I let it slip away.

I got much more attention from the opposite sex because anyone looks 10x better than when they aren’t. I was treated differently by everyone. My superiors in the military and peers treated me with more respect. I’ve talked with a lot of people about this particular phenomenon, and almost every person says the reason is because the one treating me with respect sees that I was a responsible person and thus the higher level of respect. I believe that it is much more 
emotionally driven than intellectually. I think it is a caveman thing. I felt fantastic every day. I have had anxiety issues especially during the end of my term in the military and after, but I had no anxiety when I was keeping myself up. I was happy. To be direct and not mention every little thing that was improved, I’ll shorten the description. The laws of nature bent to my will, just a little. Good things happened to me and I was grateful which made more good things happen if only in my mind.


 See ya tomorrow comment and bookmark




No comments: